The (CNS) Lab makes use of novel technologies (oculus; virtuix omni; kinect; leap; simulations; brain-computer interfaces; etc) and data analytic strategies (neuroinformatics) to develop, validate, and implement science-centric virtual worlds and serious games (Clinical XR).
Computational Neuroscience Projects:
- Brain Computer Interface Projects (CNS Lab)
- NeuroInformatics Projects (CNS Lab)
- Clinical XR & Serious Games Projects (CNS Lab)
- Data Analytics: EEGLAB; FMRLAB; MATLAB
- Modeling: NeuroML; neuroConstruct; Growing artificial neural connectivity
- Collaborative Knowledge Bases: Cognitive Atlas; POpenfMRI; Phenowiki; Neuropsychnorms
- Virtual Environment Platform Tools Virtual-Reality Peripheral Network; OpenVR; NeuroSim Interface; Pupil Labs
- Neuroinformatics for Neuropsychology: Computational neuropsychology efforts that aim to develop, validate, and implement computer hardware and software for capturing, modeling, and simulating neuropsychological data in digital format (Click Here).
- Brain Computer Interfaces: Brain-computer interfaces (BCIs; click here) allow for communication between a user's brain and a given simulation (e.g., virtual worlds; adaptive virtual environments; video games).
- Serious Games for Neuropsychological Assessment/Rehabilitation (Training): (click here)
- Computer Automated Neuropsychological Tests (Return-to-Play & Return-to-Duty): (click here)
- Neuropsychological Assessment of Visuospatial Processing: (click here)
- Internet-Based Assessment of Personality and Relational Matching
Appled Research Areas:
- Clinical science research in Dr. Parsons's Computational Neuropsychology and Simulation (CNS) Lab includes: 1) Neurodegenerative disorders (Mild Cognitive Impairment/Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson's, Frontotemporal Degeneration/Primary Progressive Aphasia, Lewy body dementias, HIV Disease; 2) Neurodevelopmental disorders impacting frontostriatal functioning (ADHD; Autism); and 3) Polytrauma Clinical Triad (sequelae of mild traumatic brain injury; pain; PTSD).
- Lifespan Neurodevelopment
- Polytrauma Clinical Triad (TBI; Pain; PTSD)
- Cognition and Affect in NeuroAIDS
- Brain Stimulation